Class Teacher - Mrs K Binks
Hello, my name is Mrs Binks. This is my 5th year teaching at St Helen's School after joining as a year 3/4 teacher back in 2011. I then moved up to year 5 before joining the key stage 1 team where I have been ever since. I am very excited this year as I have been given the opportunity to move with my previous year 1's into year 2. The children are also excited to have me.
A few reminders
- PE days are Tuesdays and Thursdays - Remember kits including a change of footwear (trainers/pumps).
- Home reading books - The children have all been issued with a reading log book and been given a reading book. These are to be read at home to you. When they are completed if children place them in the basket I will change them.
- Water bottles - It can get very warm in the classrooms when the sun is shining. Please send your child to school with a fresh bottle of water every day.
- Homework - Homework will mostly be given out on a Friday. It may be a piece of writing or an activity sheet consolidating the week's learning. Sometimes it may be research or simply talking about the things we have learnt in class
- Uniforms - On a final note can I please remind you to label every item of school uniform including shoes and coat. It is much easier to return items of clothing to the rightful owner if they are clealy named.
Please check Class Dojo regularly for further information on day to day events. Class Dojo is also the quickest way of getting in touch with me if you have any queries.
Check out what we will be doing this year
Here is what we will be doing in Spring 2
Here is our overview for Autumn 2
Here is a closer look at what we will be doing in Autumn 1.
Some useful websites for this term
Using the language more than and less than http://www.ictgames.com/rabbit2.html
Creation Story -https://youtu.be/bLHB_hNk42g
DT - The children loved watching this clip from 'The Sound of Music' to find out how some types of puppets moved.